As a leading player in infrastructure and project finance across in Namibia, our experienced and multi-disciplinary Infrastructure Finance team provides advisory and funding solutions across key sectors: Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), conventional power, renewable energy, road, rail, ports, water, telecommunications, industrial and manufacturing facilities.
Our core services include:
- Arranging and underwriting senior and mezzanine finance (including inflation-linked debt), on a non-recourse or on-balance sheet basis.
- Financial advisory services to private companies, consortia and governments
- Equity investments in infrastructure projects and infrastructure-enabling organisations.
- Financing the import and export of capital goods and services across Africa with export credit agencies.
- Equity gearings through debt or preference share structures.
- Arranging, structuring and underwriting senior debt, junior debt and equity tranches for the financing of aircraft and aircraft lessors located globally
- Arranging, structuring and underwriting asset-backed financing structures, including operating leases, finance leases, senior debt, junior debt and equity tranches for movable assets, including rolling stock, yellow metal and industrial equipment.
Our clients benefit from:
- An experienced, multi-disciplinary team with a strong focus on designing tailored financial solutions
- A partnership approach with the ability to invest across the entire capital structure, including senior debt, subordinated/mezzanine debt and equity
- Access to FNB Namibia and FirstRand Bank’s balance sheets to underwrite large project finance facilities
- Deep technical, local and sub-Saharan Africa jurisdictional knowledge to assess and mitigate key risks and optimise stakeholder returns
- Access to a strong network of international funding partners including commercial banks, export credit agencies, development finance institutions and multilaterals
- A strong track record in creating infrastructure paper that is attractive to the broader investment market
- Access to our leading corporate, retail banking, risk management and trade finance offering
- In-country expertise and networks in 11 other African countries in which we are present